Thursday, November 08, 2007

Things that make you happy

I realised that I had been very happy for the last few days, and I know the reason why!!
It's not because I had completed my holiday homework (which I would be definitely happy to get rid off), nor is it because something extraordinary had happened in my life (It won't for a long long time to come). It's just because there have been a lot of small things that have been happening that have been keeping me happy...

Lets start with yesterday...
1st thing that made me happy
I was able to slack at home and created another brilliant wallpaper for my phone. Ok, I didn't really draw everything by myself. Basically, all I did was to use photoshop and edit out parts of a photo that I need and then put them together in a way that I find that it looks nice. It won't be the first time I had made a wallpaper, but I think it made me able to relax and enjoy putting things together on photoshop. So it contributed to me being happy.
Here's the wallpaper that I made yesterday haha:

You might have noticed that the top of the picture seems to be a bit empty, but that's simply because the top of the phone is more cluttered with text and thus I try to reduce the complexity of the wallpaper by not putting so much things at the top...







Anyway, now on to the second thing that has been making me happy...
I had managed to book the BBQ pit for PA!! It was quite a last minute affair as it turned out that east coast park bbq pit won't be as ideal as what we thought it would be. In the end, the excos called me and asked if I could get a bbq pit at my house there. Of course, this was plagued by much difficulties (which included some family trouble that caused me to be unable to ask them about this). After enduring much difficulties, I finally managed to get to talk to my parents and before too long, I was off to booking the bbq pit.

The good news is that nobody had booked on the ideal date that I wanted the bbq. Therefore, I was very happy about that cause things are going my way!!

And we go on to the third thing...
My eyes did not get worse.
I was seriously worried about my eyes. I had been using the computer quite often over the last few days thanks to the holiday and I had been experiencing those sort of situations where the object you are trying to see starts to go out of focus quite commonly. My eyes are also starting to get tired more easily, and I was hoping that my eye won't get any worse (any worse and I'll be blind without my spectacles).

Anyway, with my spectacles spoilt again (my spectacles ALWAYS spoil), I decided that it's time to go for an eye check-up, and at the same time get a new pair of spectacles. After some careful examinations, it is concluded that my eyes have not became worse and all I needed was a new pair of glasses as my current ones is nearly beyond repair...

So yea, I am happy about that ^^ It shows that my short-sightedness and astigmatism would probably not get any worse then this.

Now lets see, what's the 4th thing.
Oh yea, it is being outside of the house. I don't know why, but somehow, I like it when I am outside of the home and am all by myself. I kinda like being able to go around Singapore by myself without any interference and just do random stuff such as visiting shopping centers to check on things and possibly run into people I know accidentally and have short chit-chats... Sounds kinda like a slacker eh?

Anyway, I went to funan to check on the price of a Nintento Wii console, and I guess being outside by itself is a very happy thing. All I had to worry about is to get myself home safe and sound and not to get into any big troubles while I am out there (that hasn't really happened... yet)

Ok, that's what happened yesterday, today...
Today, I think I am happy because I met everyone in 4D again.
To me, 4D is very different to all the other classes that I have had. 4D is a very noisy class and lets just say that the class is usually in a state of "organised chaos".(If chaos can be organised, that is...) I guess I am missing that state of organised chaos, where things such as calling other people's names in a funny way, doing childish stuff, talking about politics in a fun way and targeting 4A with all our actions are normal everyday stuff.

I miss the calling names session every morning too...
"Caiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-zhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"
"bobobobobobobo-yuan
"CHYUAN-sheng"
"marTIN"
Yea, the list goes on...

And I think its just this great feeling to see everyone all over again, seeing their happy faces and learning about the funny stuff and the crap stuff that has been happening in each other's school. Another great thing is that we somehow all have a common interest in computer games (ok, some of us) and I think that really sets them apart from all the other classes which I had came from. People nowadays are getting more and more studious, so studious in fact they are starting to eat books, and I just missed the days where everyone just drop whatever homework they are doing and start doing some fun stuff together...

Yea, sorry no photos (because I don't like taking photos of people) but lets just say that today is those days that will stay vivid for some time.
And oh yea, today I am the main cook for the bbq all over again. I think I did a great job !!
We'll let those who went to the bbq to comment on that statement =P

Looking back at it all, it actually isn't that hard to make yourself happy. We have seen countless stories of people throwing their life away as they struggle to earn cash in what they hoped was the path to happiness. We had heard tales of people trying to achieve something but in the end, they lost their happiness.

Happiness is always there, always present, just waiting for you to embrace it, for you to accept it with your hearts. Its the simple things in life that makes you happy and keeps you going on in this, perhaps, dark world...
So, wake up to a smile... The world is waiting for you!!

Dedicated to all you people out there!

Discmon

No comments: