Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Warranty......

Remember those warranties that you always get whenever you purchase something?
That flimsy little piece of paper that allows you to fix your com up for free during the warranty period as long as its under the warranty period?

Now, a lot of people would say that the warranties are useless, come on lets face it, even Garfield agrees with all you people out there:

... ... ... ...
... ... ...
... ...
...

Ok [awkward silence] I forgot where is that particular comic strip, but I read it once somewhere before...
Basically, ehh, to give you guys a thematic overview of what that Garfield comic is about, its just about those warranty that is given to all those merchandise that you buy...

Garfield notices that every single appliances in his house is spoilt, and then he notices that today was the day that all the appliances warranty card expired...

It kinda makes logical sense in the world we have today. Very little products are able to outlive the warranty given by the various companies. Most products will spoil in some way within about 1 week - 1 month after the warranty period ends. To repair the product however, would require an absurd amount of money, such that buying a new product would be better...

Yes, its quite true that most companies have to do that to earn their profits, but you got to love the old days...
You'll know what I mean, in those days, warranties are useless...

But anyway, if your machine still happen to spoil before the warranty hits, you'll be really really happy. Recently, I decided its time to send my computer for repair...
And lets face it, when you realised you got free repairs, your entire mindset totally changes...

I realised that during this whole period of repairing, I pointed out every single defect in my computer system from the most basic to the most unusual. It just feels like what I should be doing to make sure that my computer is totally up to standard. I think its something that you do when you are assured of a free meal or a free lunch...

Heh, originally, it was just the faulty right speaker.
After the first visit, the battery problem was pointed out too (I got it replaced free of charge)
Before too long, the hanging taskbar problem was brought up
And just the last visit, even that non-irritating flickering screen problem was brought up too!!

At the rate I am going, I am sure that I am going to ask them to recoat my LCD screen very soon already...
Talk about taking advantage of free stuff...

Well, its still better then "the sale that you've all been waiting for" which according to my mother, isn't really that worth waiting for ^^

Discmon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha agreeeeed.

warranties rock. my laptop spolit like one day after the warranty?!
and mummy dearest "argued" with the guy on the phone for a long time before they allowed free of charge xD

hehe.

-weilin