Friday, December 07, 2007

Going "home"...

I think its a great feeling to see everyone in disco all over again...

At first I was worried that all my jokes and common lame stuff that I had built up over the last 2 years or so had disappeared and would not be able to fit in with their humour anymore, but I guess I was wrong when about 5 minutes after I entered the chalet, everyone burst into laughter... from one of my jokes...

So at least I know that I can still fit in to the committee that I feel so bonded to and have made the best out of my 4 years in rv. Which is a good thing as the statement of "Once a disco, always a disco" has a bunch of living walking proofs now.

It was a rainy day, but rainy weather doesn't symbolises sadness and depressness. It all depends on whether or not you can make the best out of it. I managed to find my way to the chalet in spite of the heavy downpour (it was raining for the entire day that day) and promptly frighten Geraldine who was trying to scare me when I was walking into the chalet by scaring her back!! Following that, I counted about 5 minutes later when the first joke came out and everyone burst into laughter.

It suddenly feels like the good old days, like I've never left disco, like I've never left this bonded family and friends to go to this new place called NJC. It brings back a lot of fond memories, of disco outings, of eating food, of playing catch with the latecomers (over-exaggerated on that point, I assure you) After a while, it indeed felt like going home, like I've been there all along, telling jokes for the whole of this year to them and hear them laugh and enjoy themselves at the jokes of my daily life...

Of course, there were a lot of other things to laugh about other then my ridiculous jokes that are derived from daily life. Like Geraldine's obsession with bad people on serials, Weilin being scared of "Scary Movie 4" (what?! Scared of a comedy??), Changlok attempting to scare the 3 girls during the viewing of "Scary Movie 4", trying very very very hard not to walk over to the NP chalet and gloat, Jason's story of his failed flights and failed landings (at least he's still there to talk about it =P), Sebastian fanning the fire trying to repeat what happened at PA bbq (I don't want to talk about it)...

Its a nice feeling to be able to laugh at so many stuffs in our daily life, just looking back at it, I think its one of the most enjoyable days of the december holiday so far where I don't have to worry about things happening at home, at school, at my cca, at my own life...

I hope that no matter what happens, disco will always be together... And even as time goes on, we will all be able to somehow come back together and still have this chalet and the reunion dinner that we always have. Once again, converging together to laugh at the good, normal and bad things in life.

As time went on, we see the senior batches slowly drift away from the rest of us. Their jokes and antics no longer a daily part of our lives, or even a part of the chalet or reunions. I seriously do not hope that that will happen to our batch too, so that we can try our best to go turn up, to be there and to laugh once again at the jokes of our life...

And before I go, that blog song that I added to my blog is dedicated to you guys...
(A LOT of people is soooooooo going to find me and hack me into pieces for adding a blog song to my blog, trust me)

It's a great feeling to be able to go back to a home that you sorely miss...

Discmon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno abt e rest *hack hack chop* but i do noe *pant pant triple-hack-chop* that e last part abt e song thingy is *slash-slash-slash* definitely accurate *decapitate*.

Anonymous said...

hey zhiping! :D

i haven't been here for ages already lol. and ahem. scary movie 4 is scary ok, the images are freaky.

haha and yes zp, ur jokes that cause the crows to fly overhead still hit off with us oh-so-well.

hoho. im looking forward to reunion dinner already! (: and we will be sure to have chalet earlier next year haha.

-weilin

Anonymous said...

Lol zhiping!

IM SO TOUCHED BY YOUR POST!
I MUST BE LIKE YOU HAHAHAA NEXT TIME!