Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thoughts on third anniversary...

And... another year has gone by...
And seriously, I can't believe it myself that I am still typing this blog even now. Three long years have passed since this blog had its first post published. It's been a really long time...


Before I go on, have to thank all those people who read my blog from the very beginning (not much of you guys left), and also those new readers who I found out recently or not so recently ^^ Especially some of the guys in the "blogs you should read session", those are the blogs that have somewhat provided a good read for me and some of my inspirations to write, but lets not rake history on this fine occasion.


Anyway, once again, I'll not be around to celebrate the blog's real anniversary (which is, and has always been, the 31st of December). Darn, I just want to spend a quiet Christmas in Singapore and then start worrying about stuff, but hey, guess that won't be the case.

Looking back at this year, its been a year of changes for me.
Of course, the first thing that is going to struck you guys is that I am in JC now, and that is quite a big difference. I mean, new school, new campus, new uniform, new rules, new life (to a certain extent)... and you get the idea.


I think after all the changes of this year, I still miss the good old days. The good old days of being able to laze around in school with my classmates laughing at their daily jokes of daily life while gazing at some of the photos that they have taken in school. The good old days of lazing at the gate during assembly while catching people for being late. The good old days where you have a lot of different rooms to go to to catch up with your friends...


I mean, this are things that can be replicated don't they?
But I guess it can't be replicated entirely, and even if it can be... I don't want that to happen.

That's cause those good old days are in my heart and in my mind. I don't want those days to be clouded over and replaced by something else just as similar as what I am experiencing now. The days that I am experiencing now will also eventually one day be stored somewhere in my heart and mind and I'll, too, look back at it and call it "those good old days"


Do you remember the question of why do we usually hurt the person we love the most?


I finished watching saishuu heiki kanojo (最終兵器彼女)and they sort of answered the question although the question was never really posted in the first place. I forgotten which episode was it but...

It's because you care about the person, and that's when it will really hurt you. Look at it this way, if this person was a stranger. He came up to you and say that you suck. Other then the fact that you would feel like sticking a chair up his mouth and whack him upside down, you won't feel much...

But what about a person who you considered a friend, a confidant, your love? What happens if that same person came up and say that to you? Would it be different?
A logical answer would be "yes". Of course it would be different. I mean, would you care about some careless comment on the street being flung at you? or would you care about some comment from a friend who's been with you and understands you for some time?

This of course, illustrates the fact that the only true person that can hurt you are those who you care for and love for. The rest of the people out there, you can treat them as transparent, as not being in existence, but can you do that the same to the people you loved and the people you cared about?


Its hardly possible, and this makes it why only the people you care about can hurt you...

However, this brings us on to the question of "why do we usually hurt the people we love the most?"

Point 1: Lets take a look at the above point, who are the people that can hurt you emotionally? Since you are able to treat those people around you who you don't care as invisible, as not being in existence, we already rule out that the large majority can't be from those who you don't love. This leaves those whom you love. It's more of a perception then anything else...


Point 2: Another possibility is because that that person cares for you. When you do some stuff that may put yourself in danger or something, that's when you hurt that person because the other person is trying to protect you. Its kinda confusing here... but I hope you get the idea...

Of course, there is always this argument that too much love tends to hate (we've seen it a lot of times...) While not necessarily denouncing it as false, its another possible explnation for why you ususally hurt the people we love the most. Cause as you love them, you might just go overboard and start to hate...


But I guess we'll reserve this question to another time...


Meanwhile, on a lighter note, it's the end of 2007. Start cheering cause 2008 is coming along. And as they always say, a new year brings a new hope, tomorrow will be a better day!!


So, to all you guys out there reading this blog and also those who I cherish and spend time with and of course to all you random blog readers who just happen to stumbled on this blog, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2008


(I'll be on the plane then, don't forget to cheer with the rest of the world in that timezone)


Haha, see you guys in 2008! And hopefully we might just see this blog in its 4th anniversary (=


Discmon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey zhiping! (:

haha happy anniversary to your 3 year engagement with your blog. and merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

Do agree with you that the more you love someone, the tendency is that you will care more and if it not handle carefully, it will turn into hurt and hate. Human interaction and love are complex and its an art.

Anonymous said...

In bible Corinthians 13, it said "4 Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant. 5 It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs. 6 It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth. 7 Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up. 8 Love never comes to an end."

歌 林 多 前 書 13
4爱 是 恒 久 忍 耐 , 又 有 恩 慈 ; 爱 是 不 嫉 妒 ; 爱 是 不 自 夸 , 不 张 狂 , 5 不 做 害 羞 的 事 , 不 求 自 己 的 益 处 , 不 轻 易 发 怒 , 不 计 算 人 的 恶 , 6 不 喜 欢 不 义 , 只 喜 欢 真 理 ; 7 凡 事 包 容 , 凡 事 相 信 , 凡 事 盼 望 , 凡 事 忍 耐 。 8 爱 是 永 不 止 息 。

What you have seen or experienced is not a true love. Hope you will find your true love.