Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Thoughts on Second anniversary

Hey, some of you should have noticed that we just got switched over to the new blogger:beta (which is going to be renamed blogger since it will probably not be staying in beta mode for much longer) Check out the whole new combined recent post and archive section !! Looks slightly more organised, and I might try adding labels when I feel like it ^^

I guess I won't be able to post my anniversary post on the exact date of the anniversary (which is 31/12 for those of you who just joined us on this blog). It's the second year running that I had been unable to do this, and the reason for this is exactly the same as last year. My parents, had once again decided that we needed to go overseas...
Bleh...

Either way, 2 years have passed since I first started to sit in front of my computer and type out posts after posts on my blog. I know my blog still can't match up to those "famous" bloggers out there, and I'm not aiming to be those types of bloggers anyway... but at least I'm glad that there are people out there who do read my blog. I like to thank you all people who had been reading my blog and commenting on them. Comments really give you the feeling that you had made an impact somewhere out there, and its a great feeling to know you had set someone out there thinking...

Also, there has been a rather severe lack of criticism on my blog, in case you people hadn't noticed. This is probably because of a) I'm no longer in council, b) I'm no longer in RV but I'm sticking with c) I realised that typing out criticism after criticism on your blog kind of darkens the world around you. I still type criticism now and then on my blog, but I realised that it makes you feel as though your life is not worth living.
Its got something to do with the fact that by writing it down, you confirm the feeling that something is very wrong about this thing, and after a while, it kind of accumulates and then you find yourself locking yourself in a dark dark room and wishing that the world isn't really as bad as you think it is...

This led me to start typing post that chronicles funny things that had happened in my life, such as the 4AD war (which should still be very fresh in many people's mind) and also dumb posts like the "exciting" bus ride, and the top 100 ways to show that you have a lot of time on your blog... It had served to lighten my mood, and I kind of find myself enjoying every day of my life.

With O levels out of the way, its about time to start a new period of our life. Its time for the leap from secondary schools to JC/poly and I got no idea why, but I feel sad about leaving RV behind. The blogging project left me with a desire to go back to west coast campus and get everyone there as well and go have a walk-a-thon around pandan reservoir. I really want to go back there again and experience the morning breeze blowing at us as we run at the pandan reservoir. Moreover, I think I'll miss all the friends that I had made there, from every level, sec 1,2,3 and 4...

Come to think of it, RV had been quite kind to us. Even though RV has continued changing campuses, I had never failed to get a direct bus from my house to RV. It's just one of the more miraculous things that had happened, and I'm glad that RV had been kind to us even as it moved around from one campus to the next...

Here, I would also like to say good bye to two things that had given me a lot of my inspirations to write. Firstly, the student council and secondly, the school. Without this two organisations, I would not have had so much to talk about on my blog, and if it wasn't for them, this blog would probably not exist. Thanks for giving me the subject matter to write, and I apologise if I had made any unbased comments on this two groups. (I believe most of my comments are based though)

And to end it all off, I like to bring in Yoh Asakura's famous line. And it would be good for all you people out there to believe in as well. It was partly because of shaman king that I had started to see all the jokes in life and to live happily regardless of the situation. Before we say good bye to the year that is about to end, let us all remember that:

Everything will work out in the end

And with that, I wish the blog a happy second anniversary, all you people out there a very merry christmas and a happy new year. Wish everyone here all the best for the new year, and do your best !!
I mean, everything works out in the end right? So, why not do your best in everything?

Discmon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHHHDAYYYYYY TO
http://discmon.blogspot.com
X)

exactly as the sec 4s go to jc/poly. the sec ones become sec twos. *gasps*

im no longer used to being a snr
._.

Anonymous said...

Haha happy birthday!

As we move on to another phase of our life, it's good that we look back and reflect, and maybe have a good laugh about all we've been through. Whether they are with family, friends or even strangers, each and every event in our life serves to educate us and mould us into a better person.

All the best in JC!!!

joe said...

well...congratulation!
i can say that i am one of the biggest fan of your blog..haha, check it almost everyday!

well, its good to see that the mood of the blog have changed entirely, and i am glad that you are happy.

and me, too, will remember RV, the school, and the council forever...

haha...