Saturday, February 10, 2007

O level results...

I guess some of you might have seen or rather guessed from the previous post comment section...
But in case you hadn't noticed, O level results are officially released...
As of yesterday at 1430hours, the O level results for the 2006 O level exams has been released, along with its usual emotion running high side-effects...

The day started out like any other day at NJ, with about half the class missing in action. (this is supposed to be normal) and after staying in school and stoning and trying to supress our emotions for almost the whole of the day, we finally set off for our old school to pick up our results...

There was a really happy reunion of our class when we were in school, and I realised I miss a lot of the old jokes that we had created... Things like EMSSLSSSSSS and also sending clouds into the air and also not forgetting the absolutely fun and exciting 4A-4D aircon war...

And then, things started beame more tense as the time comes when we finally get to receive our results...
We are receiving the results in the hall, and I was slacking around in the canteen and was one of the last few people who went into the hall to wait. When I got there, my class surrounded me, and I was quite shocked anyway...
The following ensued:

"Hey zhiping, EIGHT A1s!!!!"
"HUH??!?"
"OIE!!, you got 8 A1s la...."
".....??!?"
"Oie, zhiping... WAKE UP WAKE UP!!"
"Should we just taupok him?????"

After which my class people shoved me over to the board which I hadn't noticed which showed the top few results in our school. After finding my names on the list, I promptly went into shock and could only look at the list and stare with my jaws wide-open...
It sounds quite funny putting this down and writing it on paper...

Anyway, I knew something was going to happen when I reached home that night as I would need to start contemplating about the JC that I want to be admitted to. In my own opinion, I want to stay in NJC, not just because a lot of my friends are there, but also because I like the environment there. Somehow, I feel relaxed there and also quite settled in. Also, their studying method there (though some people accuse it as mugging) is the type which I am quite accustomed to and is my preferred style of studying...

Add up and I really want to just stay on, even though my results should qualify me for HC and RJ...
Which equates to arguments at home which resulted in stalemate and isn't over yet...

It gets a bit sad la...
8A1s is supposed to be a very happy thing, and for me, its something that exceeds even my most basic expectaions, but why make it such that I need to make a choice between a better school, and a school which I prefer to be in? Ya sure, I need to make the choice anyway, but it gets real idiotic when we need to do it when I just got back from PA duty at about 11pm and still have to listen to them rant on and on and on until well over 12am before I could finally take a break, a shower and even some of my own private time...

I mean, could I just say wt__?

Anyway, I should be very happy now, what with such a good results, but I am not really happy with how the way the day has ended, with another argument with my parents over the choice of JCs... It gets so IRRITATING, and its going to be so hard to convince them that I should just stay in NJC...

From what I heard, what I had seen, and what I had experienced from the other HCJC people that I had met, I don't think I'll be too happy if I had went over to HC. The moment I received the results, I knew the day won't end as nice as the way the day was half-way through it... ...

But lets end the ranting session for now, there will still be plenty of arguements and plenty of debating over which jc I am going to be admitted to, but I'll most likely be sticking to my choice of NJ... because I feel that is where I should be based on the above reasons which I have given..

Anyway, I need to thank the self-study group that the four of us were part of during the period of time after prelims and before O level. This four people included Yong Hao, Zi Ang, Yuping and me. Not bad, all four of us had improved for our O level results, and I definitely need to thank this group for helping each of us out and getting through O levels.

Of course, we also need to thank garfield, for providing varying amount of destressing materials during this self-study period...

Not forgetting, all the teachers who had taught us and probably gained quite a bit of white hair from trying to teach us and make us learn. Yup!! Without them, I don't think I would be able to get these results for O levels...
And finally, not forgetting, the TYS!! Without these publications, where would all those exercises for O level be??

Discmon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

to think that you said you belong to the average group. HAH. 8A1s! congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Well done! Excellent! :)

Anonymous said...

wah pbocsc!!!
so pro sia!!!
congrats too :)
heys didnt come find us lol..
at least i didnt saw u >.<
haha..
all the best kaes..
cya!

Anonymous said...

haha smart kid
wish you all the best(: