Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ubin again...!!

Q: So, you continuing your criticism streak?
A: Nah, probably not. I realised I've descended once again to that state of life where I feel that everything is very bad and going wrong... So, its time to blog about something that makes me happy and relaxed at the same time. Although there is something going around in the back of my brain to criticise on, I'll be keeping that till it really erupts ^^

Q: That can't be good for your health
A: Neither would it be if I leave it on my blog now...

Q: So anyway, what has been making you happy? ehh? Someone proclaimed their *er hem* to you??
A: Ehh... no. Its very simple actually. I went to Pulau Ubin !! Its been about 2 years since I last went there because of the Ubin hike. The moment I saw Ubin, it brought back lots of memories. Things like carrying that freaking heavy bag all the way to the campsite, the village which we always get to see as our last glimpse of Ubin before leaving it, the amazing amount of bicycles available for rent...

All those things there bring back a lot of wonderful memories that I had accumulated over my four years in scouts in RV...

Q: I guess you are stuck in nostalgia ehh?
A: Ya, kinda. For the first time since I first went into a JC right, I felt relaxed and really enjoying a simple pleasure in life. The simple pleasure is the pleasure of being able to enjoy nature and be with some of your friends at the same time. At the same time, you also get to relive some of those memories that you had on Ubin. Things like the first ever checkpoint that I had on ubin to the final most god-damn checkpoint that I ever had on Ubin...

After all that, there were also other memories such as the path which is most covered by the trees on ubin, such that that area has a much lower temperature compared to the regions around it. Then there were also the wild dogs roaming around, the wild chickens and the danger of running into wild boars...

Q: So other then all those memories reliving sessions and the wild animals sessions and the "KILL THE WILDBOAR" session, did you have any other stuff to do on ubin??
A: Ya, for the first time... I get to experience the wonder of cycling on Ubin. Its like one of the greatest things that can ever happen to you!! You know what it is like to everytime see cyclist ride past you when you are doing hiking on ubin? You feel like knocking them down and taking the bike for yourself...

But now!! You get the bicycle and you can abuse it. Ride past people walking and whistle... wooooo!!!! Ubin becomes so much much more accessible with the bike... The bike, one of the most important inventions... on Ubin... The bikes on ubin may seem old and ready to break at any moment, but they serve the job of providing a safe and comfortable ride on ubin...

Q: So, since Ubin is so beneficial to you (in fact, haven't seen you look so happy for such a long long time) are you going to try to go to ubin anytime soon again?
A: Of course I am haha... Already have a planned trip back on 15th, but that one is for some important stuff, so it might not be as enjoyable. Then again, I'm hoping that the class outing I am planning people won't mind going to ubin to cycle, instead of the East Coast Park... But then again, I don't think this would be very easy to do...

Q: Good Luck Then!!
A: That doesn't sound like you...

Q: -.-"
A: Eh anyway, thanks for the encouragement haha!! Hope to see Ubin again sometime soon...

Q: And you had to use the Q&A method for this post. I see you doing well in typing things out today leh...
A: Oh come on, its been quite some time since I last used this method le la...

Discmon

5 comments:

stella said...

nice way of presenting ur blog entry.. :)))

i m going to UBIN cycling!!

Anonymous said...

dun care. post one crap comment 1st or else i become 3rd commenter.

hahaha. you Q & A style of writing blogs is back!

-aiyah you alr noe who am i le

Anonymous said...

crappy post, but funny!! =D ubin is kinda muddy. and the tracks are narrow. but maybe that's why you like it? =) anyway cycling rocks!

Anonymous said...

zhou qong qing got injured in a bike trip at ubin

Anonymous said...

relink!!