Sunday, May 27, 2007

Some comments on things...

Its great to be back in RV, to the place where I belong...
I happened to went back to RV today because it was RV open house. Of course, there were a lot of other reasons involved, but lets make it clear that it got nothing to do with some ideas that some people have in their minds about me, but rather because of the few reasons listed below:

1) Lots of friends in RV who are in batches after us, so its a good chance for us all to go back and talk about stuff
2) There's been a lot of thing happening in council and what I've only been hearing so far are from fellow student councillors and also some thought on the things happening from various people. It was a good chance for me to find out what's been going on from the adminstration point of view.

The visit to RV was quite fruitful, being able to talk to many people, but not really sitting down to talk properly, so I guess its half fulfilled (at least its half). For the second part about adminstration, it turns out that Mrs Look somewhat had the same idea with what I had in my earlier post on the "On a discipline committee in an IP context". The general idea is that with IP, things would need to change...

So anyway, I won't be talking too much on RV, since I think it would be quite standard. (refer to earlier posts)
After the visit to RV, I had to make my way to Geylang to some Union house to get a book prize award for my O level results.

It was a long trip from RV to Geylang there, and after asking passer-bys once and referring to the map held tightly in my hand countless times, I made my way all by myself to the union house. After reaching the union house and receive the award, there was a complimentary catered lunch, so obviously I set down to take a bite.

Now then, lets begin our show of why "Children nowadays are too overly-protected"
First thing first, who says children nowadays can't make it to the place where they receive the prize all by themselves? Its a bit darn simple, considering that Singapore is already a very safe country... Why then do all the people there have to guess who is my parent...?? Why? I became a lot of other parents children today, all of them were guessing that I am a child of this parent, a child of that parent.... Can't they see that it is possible for a young teen like me to find my way here? Besides, I'm a scout!!..

There's only one more thing to talk about, although a lot of thing did stand out clearly in my mind.
Its the behaviour of people in what people would so call as "elite schools"

Everyone knows that you are the "cream of the crop", the "best of the best". Good results, good scores, usually the making of the good citizen, the future leaders of our country, the people with good attitude and characters...
Wait, hang on a second, did I mention good character and good attitude? Good character and good attitude??!!!?!

Ya right...

I was trying to talk to this guy during the lunch time after the prize presentation is over. Turns out he is from an "elite"school (which I will not mention here, although I seriously don't see any problem in poking fun at them). So we were talking talking and it turns out the only thing he knows to do is to give single word responses, or even better, just a nod of the head...

It breaks my heart to see the future of our nation not being able to open their mouths and talk about stuffs...
But, any attempt to break out from single words, ended as insulting remarks. When I asked him about his aggregate score that allowed him to get his award, this is something that I got:
"Oh, I got 258, it was very low and lousy"

...
LOW AND LOUSY???!!!!
Nevermind, the statement above explains it all...

Discmon


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might have just encountered an introvert :x Left-handed introverts are not literally left handers but those who are technical and don't know how to pull a good joke. :x

Kyoshi