Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The unpopular denied fact...

Seems like I have a lot of free time eh?

Posting so many post in such a short amount of time. This is basically because I got totally sick of the great irony that exists in the student council that I unfortunately had to be part of...

Let me get this straight first, this is from my personal own point of view, and for the interest of others, all people listed here will be in code name, so, if you don't understand, try to picture the codes into names...

Lets start with what I felt ever since the new council came into being way back in September 2004...

First, everyone was fine, there were a few tears as we said good bye to the sec 4 whom would be leaving us as they are going to be progressing to JC. I think some of the more observant people in SC was shocked when they saw that HX became the president. Personally, I have no grudge against anyone being the president so I ignored the fact that there was a few shocked faces here and there.

I eventually knew why there was a shock much later thanks to a few friends whom told me about the dilemma of the situation. Of course, we all hoped that HX would do a good job and help us be as good or even better than the last council.

Than, things took for a worse...

First, the thing that I noticed the quickest, was the apparent fact that HX cannot control the council. I mean, last time whenever the president is going to say something, it would be as though a order was given. Everyone would suddenly quieten down and listen very attentively. As far as I can see, she is not commanding that aura of leadership around her. It seems to me that she is not commanding the respect of fellow councillors. I don't really understand this fact, even until now, but I believe it got something to do with the way she shows herself. As far as I can see, she does not show seriousness when she is supposed to do so, and I think that that is probably the reason...

There are many other reasons that my friends told me, but I was not really able to understand it, or rather put into my context, so I left them out. But this is the situation. I guess it is a bit of dilemma.

But what really inspired me to write this log is not the problem with HX or our various EXCOs whom people question their leadership, it is our committees own EXCO, and when I leave out that 's', it really means one of the two, not both...

The problem of a council that is separated by committees is that the council would eventually become a broken union as everyone sees themselves as belonging to individual committees. So, the council does not really work as one although it is supposed to do so. Well, I think any move by anyone to make the council more united would be a welcomed move by any teachers who are in charge of us, but sometimes, you feel that it is the wrong people who are overdoing the things...

As far as I can see, our exco, seems to resent being with us when she was elected to take over our previous exco (whom we all felt was very good in bringing us together and getting things done, the sort of aura that XSH, CZM and HFM would give to you. Unfortunately, she went for the through-train program) Although she seems to have taken the post in seriousness when she first took it, she now seems to resent the fact that she has to take care of us for another 2 years. It could be something to do with cracking some jokes in front of her, but come on, most of us gets this treatment now and then...

Lets show the situation...

First, unless its administrative stuff, she usually don't cares about us. She seems to be better bonded with the other SCs in the other committees. I mean, you can't say that it is a bad sign, but you would feel that she is really overdoing it. She rarely talks to anyone in our committees as JA has pointed out. JA may be a bit of a critic, but at least he doesn't critic everything that comes to him negatively.

The meeting yesterday was perhaps the biggest inspiration to put this point as the first one.
Lets see what happened yesterday, first, we all arrived at the meeting place and everyone started forming its own committees as I already stated earlier in the log that a separated council is possible for this sort of things to happen. So anyhow, we slowly settled down and then we notice that our exco is sitting quite some distance away from us. All of the members of our committee is sitting together, and yet we see our own exco 'deserting' her own committee. This made me unfortunately agree with JA on his earlier critic that our exco is resenting her presence as the exco of our committee. Unfortunately, she has to be closer to the other sc whom we don't really get along well. As far as I know, I never got along well with any other sc from any other committee, mainly because of the nature of our responsibilities.

Lets put it on a wider perspective, a lot of people/critics had pointed out that the choices for the exco had been chosen badly because they do not seem to possess that leadership quality. I don't really care about the other committee as I am not as observant as this critics are. I am only putting it here to reflect the situation of the mind of some people. I am not really thinking about wrong leadership as I never really personally had been under their control before.

I hope that this would be a form of a wake up call to some people so that the council would be able to pick up strength and try to make the best out of the new council that is going to be formed very soon.

In fact, JA and I reasoned that the apparent earliness of the nomination and election is not just to align it with the other ROD from the CCA, but it is also to get rid of the leadership that is currently not working. Too bad the exco I had been discussing about have to stay with us for another two years. For the earlier HX I talked about, lets hope she would think of this removal of power so that the next group could perhaps bring sc back to life in a comforting way.

I always hear the saying from our senior that we should support our EXCOs, I can do it for one of them who would be leaving very soon, but definitely not for the other one, whom I regarded once as a friend, a fellow councillor, and a leader in all odds during the SC camp...

If only she would understand that her resentment in being a member of our committee is not helping the committee in anyway, and also disappointing a lot of people who spoke for her as the next exco when CLA left...

I hope this serves as a wake-up call to that person whom I had been discussing about...

Discmon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saw this.
interesting. hmmx.
http://fungmin.ebloggy.com
-fungmin(: