Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Writing on people I wrote before...

I'm pretty glad that today is a holiday, which is mainly due to the fact that election day was on a Saturday.
To all you people out there who don't understand why we have a holiday in lieu of the election day, well, its because now we are in a Five-Day work week(?!)(I don't think that exists) and thus they have to give us a holiday as the election day fell on a Saturday.

I could'nt make it to the class outing cause I had to finish off some collation in the morning. Than, I went home, finished off the document, looked for some games and then reflected on people whom seemed to have changed a lot since you last met them...

For people whom read this blog since I started it about a year ago, you would know that I mass post about a certain person before. I originally intended never to bring this person up on this blog again, but the situation demands that I make a statement about it, right before the council comes to an end for us sec4s...

You all would remember me telling you all that the 26th disco was a very rocky one, with lots of people getting out and a person getting comm transfered. The beginning of 27th disco was also pretty rocky mainly due to the fact that almost the whole of disco was transformed, and the few remaining had to try to find means and methods to quickly train up the new people whom leaded us...

I'm writing this post to elaborate on Yu Jia, the person whom I mass post a year ago...
What prompted me to write this is the event that happened on 9/5/2006 and also various other events that ocurred before that date. You could say that the event on 9/5 was the trigger that caused me to gain this impules to write this...

The event is:
I was on my way home with a friend. Than we walked and saw Yu Jia. Yu Jia was not tucking in her shirt and anyway wearing PE T-Shirt home is against the school rules in the first place. I wasn't exactly in the mood to send people back to school to ask them to change back, other then that, she's an SC as well.
The following conversation ensues:
me:"Tuck in your shirt"
YJ:"Don't want, cause this way looks nicer"
You could guess my reaction can't you. I mean, Yu Jia was a disco councillor, and remind me again, what is a disco councillor job? Isn't it to maintain school rules. And for god sake, you're still in SC. SC is supposed to support disco in maintaining the rules, not go and find ways and means to make their life harder for your own benefit. By the way, she was with a friend as well... So what does that show?

And if this was the only incident, I won't be making a fuss out of this...
Another time, I was a bit pissed off as our class went on a learning journey to the ACM. About a few weeks earlier, the handphone rule was relaxed. During the journey to the ACM, I tried to stop people from using handphones cause handphone rule relaxing does not apply to learning journey as yet... Ok, I'm inflexible, I'm power-hungry, say what you want, but how does this relate to Yu Jia?

Simple, Rui Jie, somehow, went off to find Yu Jia and told her about this. Yu Jia than told Rui Jie that yes, you can use the handphone even during learning journey, when Mrs Look already explicitly stated that we cannot use handphones during learning journey during the meetings where the whole council discussed about the handphone rule...
Either she wasn't paying attention at all, or she's trying to allow his bf to break the rules...

And it isn't over. During one of the hall assembly, Yu Jia went on to tell me, in front of all the other people in my class that you can use the handphone during learning journey... I felt like a git, but more so, I felt that Yu Jia has changed a lot. She doesn't care about disco anymore, do I see her helping out disco, even passively? NO...
Do you think she still cares about school rules?

Even better, few weeks back, I asked Karen a question:
"Why do people like to wear ankle socks with sports shoes?"
"Cause ...."
Ok, I forgot the contents of the message, but I know that it isn't about fashion. Yu Jia, during the time when we went for our 2.4km run for NAPFA, wore ankle socks. Obviously, I was pissed and asked her to not wear ankle socks next time. She did not care about this... and wore it again...

I mean, its like, I can't imagine what would happen if you're still the exco of disco. Probably, disco would become redundant, and the teachers will have more and more reasons for our duties to be replaced by the other comms. I mean, what would disco be like when they have an exco whom don't even freaking care about the school rules? If I am going to regret what I said last time, it is now. Imagine what would happen if you're still the exco of disco? Just imagine?

Wait, do you even think after reading other people's blog. Lots of people from disco have blogged about you, lots of people are dissappointed. Lets see, Clara, Fung Min, Me... the others I am not sure, but I know that this few people are very dissapointed. I felt that I have never known you before. The leader in sc camp, the exco whom picked up the comm when Clara left. The exco whom abandoned us before we sort of brought her back, and now, a totally changed person, whom have never heard that once you're in disco, you're always in disco...

Its kind of sad isn't it, that you don't even think about where you were in the last two years. Wait, should I be sad when I write this... You're no longer the Yu Jia whom we know when you were in disco in 2003 anyway. You have changed as though disco has never made an impact in your life.

That's quite possible, considering the fact that you sort of abandoned us when we were in the 26th disco so that at that time we sort of only had 1 exco and 1 figure-head and your complete heck care attitude about school rules and not supporting disco...

Talk about letting the other committees do our job...
Ya right, as if the other committees can do it in the first place, they would probably mess it up, allow more people to be confused with the school rules, and more people to get away with what they had done...

Yu Jia, I take back all I said in the post back than, especially this part:
i feel that my initial opinion that our comm. head does not "like" us had been too strong. After evaluating that point for some time, i feel that it could be because that this action could lead to a council spirit which is what the teacher had been emphasising all this while. Somehow, i feel different about our comm. head after such a long time and i am quite glad that i would be able to be under her leadership for another year, and thus i can repay all my misgiving to our head. So you could say that it is a happy ending.
Ya, I'll be happy... Over my dead body...

Discmon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*shake head* *shake head*

btw, i think it's better if you add a tagboard =D

Anonymous said...

ya, add a tag board then better... then i can spam HAHA. no lah.

Anonymous said...

if yujia sees this this is wad we have for u : the door of disco is always open but yet u close it.. disco is not disappointed cos we will not care for someone who does not care for the sharks