Monday, July 24, 2006

On our deputy...

Some of you out there might have seen me writing this thing on a piece of paper earlier on today during chemistry lesson, so it should be no surprise to you all that I will be updating my blog today, even though I have test coming up and quite a bit of homework to clear...

The draft of course, was written in a bit of frustration and since I'm now retyping it, those frustration part might have been changed, so if you had read the draft, it won't be exactly the same.

Today, was a rather eventful day, what with the need to do the whole chapter on macromolecule in the chemistry TYS (which I am not planning to do). Anyway, this thing won't be exactly a rant on the thing that happened during chemistry lesson today.

So here it is:

In case you can't sense it by now, this is going to be a critical post. (Seems I ran out of joke eh?) Anyhow, I highly recommened you visit another site if you do not wish to read criticism.

What?! You're still here?! Ok...

If you had already known me before the end of the June Holidays, you would know that I was not exactly happy with my class's deputy chairperson. She was entrusted with passing a physics worksheet to the everyone in class, and she was given the worksheet during the second week of the holidays.

To everyone out there, this seems like a long amount of time to give the worksheet to the entire class, I mean, its two long weeks. Add on to the fact that we had a class outing during the third week of the june holidays in which both the class deputy and me attended and you'll be wondering why I never received the worksheet until the fourth week. Well, it turned out that she had to conviniently "forget" this important task of passing worksheets to her fellow classmates.

The teacher had given the worksheet during the second week of the June Holiday so that the class would have ample time to complete the worksheet. As half the class wasn't around, the teacher had entrusted the task of passing the worksheets to everyone to our deputy chairperson during the second week. In the end, I received the worksheet on the monday of the last week of the june holiday during the oral exam. Of course, its better then not receiving it at all, but do you think that this is a very responsible act? I mean, it would be best to inform everyone that there is such a worksheet circulating around and perhaps set up a date to collect it right?

If this was the only incident, I wouldn't be ranting this on my blog. There are even more acts of "responsibility" and "duty to class" from our good old deputy chairperson.

Just a few days back, we were queueing for food and I was near the back of the line with Hai Yuan and Jun Jie. We were chatting when we realised that our deputy chairperson had to cut our queue right there and then...
Of course, none of us are happy about it and we voiced our displeasure openly. I mean, if your very good friends is queueing, it doesn't mean that when your friend buys the food you automatically gets the right to cut the queue and buy your own food as well. Its very inconsiderate for the people who are queueing at the back of the queue. Everyone wants to eat, not just you...

At least, you don't have the thick face to stand there and continue buying things...

But it ain't over yet...
We were scheduled to have a chemistry test sometime during this week. No one is really sure when the test will be held and thus many speculated it to be held on monday since the teacher had mentioned something about it being on monday. Actually, everyone did not know except for one of them, that one of them is, you guessed it, our good old deputy chairperson again...
Apparently, our deputy chairperson was informed by our chemistry teacher that the test will be held on wednesday, and she never told the class about it...

Lets talk about Zi' Ang now. He might be "irritating" to some people but at least he communicates things very throughly, usually involving in person-to-person messaging all by himself so as to make sure that his message is brought across. What about our dear deputy chairperson? She says nothing about it, and the rest of the class have to be accused by the teacher for lying that we did not know that the chemistry test is on wednesday...

So, I question her responsibility to class and her "duty to the class". Do you think this sort of actions should really come out of a deputy chairperson who got elected because everyone believed in her? Don't you think that this is a basic responsiblity that anyone should fulfill? Being responsible for what others have entrusted you to do is a very basic thing, isn't it?

To all critics, this post might be inaccurate in some information, but this is what I saw and what I think. If there is any wrong information or I have accused her wrongly of somethings, please kindly leave a comment and I'll thank you for correcting me if I was wrong in the first place. If you want to pick a fight, I won't entertain you, you can do it elsewhere...

In the words of a post only two post ago:

And please, to all you people out there, think before you write...understand?
Think
Discmon

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

During Sec 1, I was the class deputy. Now, I'm the CT Rep (equivalent to class chairman) of my JC CT Group (equivalent to class). I have also been an "ordinary" class member. Hence, I totally understand your concerns.

When I was the deputy, I had to endure hatred and mockery because I have the control over the MD. It was a tough period and I nearly lost some of my closest friends. Even though I'm now in the supposedly more "matured" environment of a JC, I'm still trying very hard to gel my class together but fortunately we are doing quite well now.

It is never easy when you are "up there". Everything seems to fall upon your shoulders (good and bad) and you are answerable for it. The additional admin work is taxing and I am still having problems with it till today.

On the other hand, the officer bearer must also realise his/her responsibilities. Otherwise he/she will just be wasting everyone's time. The crux lies in the person's attitude.

Maybe reminders and helping each other will solve the problem. At Sec 4, I'm sure you'll find a sensible solution to this problem! :)

Chengxi

Anonymous said...

I think the "onion-ring" system of identifying student leaders is poisoning the minds of some of the students.

It was after many things that I realise that you don't need to wear the ring to lead.

Chengxi

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Im rather surprised at this news. She is definitely popular among all of the boys who seem to take an extreme liking to flirting. She looks like a blur queen alright but then again, forgetting important tasks is one major demerit to humanity.

For what other reasons would a homo sapien be alive if one shall but forget his/her existence one day?

Anonymous said...

to the previous post, i meant the comment, who are you? how you know these things? its true by the way
anyway, it is not just her, so it is unfair to balme her alone. the whole class has this problem. for example, the prc did not remind us to hand in the books. although it is not within her duties, but as a subject rep and a classmate, she should at least remind us to hand in but not just watch us getting scolded. there is a serious problem of communicating as always, from last year to now...trying to post this comment on class blog and led to flaming, LOTS of flaming. i tried it before...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Discmon said...

Because I am sick of all you people flaming on my blog...
I am officially blocking all comments for the time being.

Please note that when you comment, please stick to the topic of the post and only side-track when you really need to.

Flaming is not allowed, criticism is. And when you criticise, please give sufficient reason.

Strong post + no reason = lots of trouble

So please, be more sensible.

Discmon