Monday, July 10, 2006

After the ice-breakers...

I am a bit tired and am a bit un-inspired by what I am about to write...
Thus, in order to save myself from the melancholy of sitting down in front of the computer and stare blankly into it thinking of what to write, I'll be using the Q&A format like last time.

Thus, let us put our hands together to welcome the person whom fainted last time from the excess coke to be our question asker...
[Unenthusiastic clapping can be heard, including several boos from the crowd]

Q: What's their problem?
A: No idea, they probably did that cause we discredited coke thanks to you...

Q: Shouldn't they be attacking you instead of me?
A: Well, you are a much easier target any way you see it, including size, height, weight, character, [add your own],... and so on and so forth. Thus you are a much better target. They also don't need to worry about getting post dedicated to them compared to attacking me since you are a made-up character and thus do not own a blog...

Q: Why you?!!?!?
A: [Ignoring]

Q: Okok, lets continue on with our Q&A. Do you think you were a slacker during the ice-breakers?
A: Yes. I think I am a slacker and I think that next time I should put more responsibility into it. I am sorry for not really doing my duties well and that I am bad. I know I am not committed to it and thus I did not really did my best for it. I deserve to get discredited.

Q: Eh... Anyway, you want to tell me how you feel after the ice-breakers?
A: As I was not exactly playing the ice-breakers this time since I am not going to be part of this council anyway, its been feeling a bit weird and now I actually am revisiting my memories. The memory that stands out the most is my first ice-breakers with sc.

I entered sc in sec 1, in case you all haven't knew yet. At that time, we were still at the west coast campus. I remembered that that ice-breakers were held on a saturday and that it was held in the hall. I remembered I had a lot of fun there though I never really did remember anyone's name until I officially started doing my duties as a councillor. Then, I remembered the two other ice-breakers I went through, they were held at the west coast campus and commonwealth campus respectively. Each time was essentially the introduction of new student councillors.

It is amazing how time flies. After such a short amount of time of 365*3 days, the council life is going to end for me, and I am wondering how life would be like for me when I finally relieve myself of all duties of being a councillor. I mean, its been like almost three years since I last queued up with my class during morning assembly. For the last three years, my morning assembly has been largely spent at the gates and at the blocks where we are doing our duties. But I guess that humans are an adaptive animal...

Anyway, I wonder if this is good news or bad news, but it should be good news until after the selection of committes results come out. To all you seniors out there who read my blog, of which I know of a few, you should be glad to know that the whole of disco made it. In fact, this sentence itself is quite an achievment. Over the last two council, plenty of disco members went out, including Jee Poh, Faith and Seok Hui during the transition to 26th and then the huge loss of members when we transferred into the 27th... This time, and perhaps the first time in recorded history of disco, the whole disco made it.

Why is it a bad news then? It's sort of like a gut feeling deep down in the gut. The rest of the comms. in sc did not really do so well, many losing quite an extrodinary amount of members similar to what disco went through when it moved into the 27th. I hope that not too many members in disco will be transferred out or get thrown into another comm. simply because many of them has been left behind to enter the 27th.

Ok, the above paragraph is highly speculative so I won't talk too much about it. But its just this feeling...

Q: Feelings on disco?
A:... will be reserved for another post... Hey, there is still a disco agm, I want to be able to talk about something without repeating what I am saying here too badly...

Q: So you got anything to tell the new student council?
A: Erm ya. You made it into the student council because of what you are, not because of who you were. Do not leave your old self behind simply because you have became a councillor. Remember that it is your friends who saw what you are and not what you were when they elected you into council. So, in short, don't become something that is different simply because you have entered the council.

Q: Oh ya, you want to say anything to those who did not make it?
A: Don't treat it as the end of a book. For those who were in sc, treat in as the end of a sentence, and that one day you'll probably be able to extend that sentence even longer. Please don't treat it as the end of a book and then return it to a shelf, never to ever take it down again and blow its dust off.

For those who have not been part of sc yet, well, it is an experience. Remember, you do not need to be an sc to be able to be a leader or to help out your classmates. Its all up to you.

You'll be noticing that the next few post on this blog will be sort of like farewell post thanks to the fact that lots of farewell will be coming in over the next few days. To get a general view of it, after this, we'll have the proper scouts R.O.D followed by the 28th sc agm, where we'll finally and perhaps reluctantly hand over what has become a sort of "way of life" for me for the last three years...

Well, everything has to come to an end, don't you agree?
And please, don't irritate the person who fainted to coke...

Discmon




No comments: