Sunday, July 16, 2006

Strong post, no reason = ??

A piece of good news for everybody...
Speech day has ENDED...

This phrase alone is worth about 30 cups of Glucose that I have been using quite a bit to keep myself awake...
Ok, that was a joke, but it was a really tiring bit of time. For one thing, this speech day is one of my most tiring speech day ever, and I'll get to this point in a while.

I got a more important thing to settle. So bear with me...

The sec/year 1 students have just gotten into the council. As usual, we see various committee senior members going out to recruit people into their comm. I mean, who wouldn't. Disco, as usual had minimal amount of time spent on getting this new people into our comm, mainly because you can't really judge how well they would do in disco just by looking at their capability and also because we are quite ok with everybody except for a "special" group of people...

Anyway, I, as you all probably know by now, am on friendly relationship with the class of 1D. Naturally, I had been popping by their class these last few days to hear what questions they have on the council and also to help them in their selection of their committee. I knew that it would be quite unlikely to get them into disco, cause their character would suit them better if they entered comms. like welfare/social/pubee.

So 1D had three councillors. One of them is wanted by PA. The one of them decided that, after quite a long discussion with me on the pros and cons of joining each of the comms, that he did not want to join pa. It seems like a normal thing, for a person who is selecting his comm for the first time to worry about all these stuff. Don't you agree?

I went to the meeting for the 28th student council even though I did not need to do that. I went there cause I want to take a break from my hectic student life and such. During the meeting, the council was asked to choose their preferred committee. I was wandering around the exco area to chat a bit when I noticed that ck from 1D seems to be waving at me looking for help.

I went there, and spent about the next ten plus minutes trying to help him select his committee. It seems weird, especially at this point. For one thing, he already had his mind set on not joining pa at then, however, he doesn't want to accidentally hurt the pa people. I just tried to pave his way out for him. Pa was rather annoying at this point in time, trying to like coerce people to join their committee. I was on the verge of saying :"Can you leave this poor confused soul alone so that he can select his committee without worrying about anything?!"

Anyway, he got into social but that's not the end of the story...

During the night when the result was released, he showed me a post on a blog. That post was definitely written by a PA member (for obvious reasons) and I'll quote it here:
ohyeshh! before i forget, chikan, alan and jonathan. to hell u guys go and i shall hereby curse u all that u won't be nominated again nxt year. bloody 'traitors'.'


WOW, what a "powerful" post...
1) In case you are blur, the above three people did not want to go to PA even though PA wanted them..
2) "to hell u guys go"?! wow, what a powerful phrase. So anybody that doesn't follow your wishes have to go to hell, as you have said it? Too bad then, you'll have to get yourself out of this unrealistic dream. You could say that the world is too small for you, but that's your problem. I believe all three people mentioned above have their own vaild reason (or doesn'tmakeadarnsense reason, as you might see it) and they did not want to join PA for their own reasons...

Shouldn't we respect their decisions? I mean, would you want people to join your comm. that has no passion, no will to help you guys and probably absent himself so that he can don't spend time with you all?? I mean, its dumb anyway you see it. If they don't want to join, forcing them to join is the most stupid mistake anyone can make.

3)"
curse u all that u won't be nominated again nxt year"... that's quite a feat don't you think. Cursing people just because of that?! wow... As I've said only about a few lines ago, the world is too small for you. Not everything that happens can be in your favour can it? If its not in your favour, you want to "curse" the people so that "something" might happen to them...
Everybody, is this logical???

4)
Hang on, do you really think that that is written by a councillor? Where is the council heading to with people like this? Ok, we all know that the above post must have been written by a councillor since obviously only a councillor would want to talk about people who never join pa right? Anyway, ever consider where the council will be heading to with people like this? Lets see, I predict we'll have more name-calling, more insulting ceremonies, more "cursing others" to go "to hell" and also more calling of "bloody traitors"...
Wow, what a council.......


5)Oh ya, wanted to point out that, if it just so happens that this year will not be your last year in council... I hope that people out there will know what would happen if they went on the wrong side of you and they probably would "curse" you so that "you won't be nominated again next year"...

Why am I interfering in this? Cause its illogical for you to "curse" them or call them "bloody traitors" simply because they did not join your comm. Feeling angry might be a correct feeling, but there is no need for you to do all these to them. Can you imagine the feelings that run through this people when they read that line? How would you feel if someone said that to you as well? It just shows that the world is way way way way way too small for you, and I urge you to "grow up" and think more "rationally" and also to "put yourself into other's shoes" more often.

Heard of do unto others what other would do unto you?

Ya, I know I'll get a barrage of post from PA and perhaps some unfriendly "insults" thrown around. I got one request, leave disco out of this. If you think disco jobs are "skill-less", think again... And if you're pissed with me, leave disco out of this, disco has played ZERO part in this group of people who did not want to join PA. And I only talked to one of them anyway...

This seems to be a long enough post. I think I'll talk about speech day next time...
And please, to all you people out there, think before you write...understand? Think

Discmon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. lol.. lucky im out.. haha.. none 1D got into disco.. lol.. so many problems sia.. haix..

Anonymous said...

well. i would think disco would back your claim. not cos we're disco but cos AnYoNe would. =)

joe said...

yap! totally agree(raising both hands).
definitely not all PA ppl are like that...so do help the friend who own that blog. He or She definitely need some "talking to".

Anonymous said...

Haha relax, there's bound to be this kind of people in all stages of your life. What matters most is that your conscience is clear and you have done your best in everything that you do.

Hehe I'm also retiring now just like you guys, preparing for As. Keep in contact! :)

Chengxi

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't know Yu Ping had a blog too...rest assured that I'll always have faith in my Disco juniors in whatever they do...:>

Chengxi

rah said...

no big deal honestly, so treat everything with a pinch of salt (: chengxi, i have a blog too okay! haha hoping i could find time to come back prettttay soon!

clara

huahua said...

hello.. (: I didnt get into SC *BOO* but nvm lol.. hee

huahua said...

heish (: y ur posts always so long de. *yawn* taggie!