Thursday, September 21, 2006

Another history of the blog...

Congratulations everyone for getting past prelim, of course, this isn't the end of the nighmare of prelim as yet, as there is always the "revenge of the scripts" when they get returned to us and we discover, to our greatest horror, that what we thought would be good marks, would be "good"...

"Good" meaning that we would need to spend the rest of the self-study period in school and can't be like the rest of the school and stay at home and study. For me however, I won't even freaking care about my results and I'll just go to school and study.

Q: Why would you want to do that?!
A: A few one words answers, you can pick one yourself and eh, just think about it ya:
computer/maplestory/gunbound/O2Jam/RO/DoTA/Gameboy/Pokemon/[just add on, you know the pattern already]

I think I got my point across, so I'll probably be spending the rest of the self-study periods in school...

Anyway, I wanted to find something to type during this short little break before we continue that one last mad rush for O level, and unfortunately I found out that I do not have a main topic in mind. So in the end, I decided that we should go and start digging blog history again. I wanted to talk about some video, but I'm saving that for the anniversary post (Yup, our second anniversary is coming shortly...). So, lets continue our dig into this blog's pathetically short history by looking into how the title of the blog was formed.

Revelations: Dark Shadow Games, was a title that I thought of sometime back, with a significant amount of influence by the games that I was playing back then. You could try and run a search of Revelations: The Demon Slayers on wikipedia and you'll run into this stub which says that it is a lesser known game of the rpg genre on gameboy. Yup, I did create the title under the influence of that game.

For your information, I completed the whole game recently then, so I was a bit fanatic over the game. I was particularly interested by the whole "revelations" thingy so I decided I wanted it to be part of the blog title. As for the "dark shadow games"? I was reading an article about a really old game that is detective in nature and required the protagonist to deal with demons and zombies along the way until the murder case is solved. This is further added on by influences from the anime "Yu-Gi-Oh" which referenced the "shadow games" quite a lot...

All this added up to the final formation of the Revelations: Dark Shadow Games...
And besides, I do reveal some thing sometimes, and the world is dark. But if you treat it all as a game, it can't be too bad right sometimes? So I guess the title fits...

And besides, why would I want to change the title after spending over 2 weeks thinking of a suitable title for the blog that I created?

So, another blast from the past...

[Blatant self-advertisment]
Ya, you get the idea...

Discmon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st to comment once again.

=D
......................
.....................
....................
...................
.................
................
...............
..............
.............
..........
.....
...
..
.

get my message?

-insignificant

Anonymous said...

~woo
i finished readin ur super long posts noe... *smiles smiles* veri gt cheng jiu gan ya(=