Sunday, September 17, 2006

Friday, jec... Anything comes to mind?

I assumed everyone had their own fair share of laughter during the time the last post was on the front page. Thanks to all those people who commented on that post. It sometimes feel really good to know that people do read about what you write and also experience the exact feeling that I had (well at least most of the feelings) when I typed that post to make a laugh out of everything.

So in short, thank you all!!

Anyway, even though its in the middle of prelims now, I find that I really want to type something on blogger. In fact, I'm quite glad that we have this tiny break in the middle of the prelim exams so that we can take a breather. As usual, I've been studying and studying and probably studying even more (ok that isn't true, considering the great big fact that I'm typing this post now. Haha) but luckily, I went out on friday to take a very very big breather at JEC...

I don't know what got into me nowadays, but I've been visiting JEC every friday for dinner and perhaps a dose of what Zi Ang would call "gun therapy". As most of you all should also know by now, JEC is totally filled to the brim with RV people.

For example:
I alight from 176 and I see two Rv students at the busstop heading towards our old school campus. When I enter JEC, I see a bunch of Rv people occupying about 2 tables worth of space in mcdonald, 2 tables in KFC and another table in Long John Silver. When I go up to the second floor, we get to see the normal standard operating procedure (SOP) of Rv students, which basically involves buying food and then camping out in front of the shop that sells winter clothings. We usually see about 4 to 5 groups. You won't see anyone at the arcade that wears Rv uniform (duh) and sometimes when you eat at LJS, you realised that you have no place to look at cause you know you don't want to look at some "people"... heh! (This last part is supposed to be sarcastic, as with last time, its bolded to ensure that people get the sarcasm)

So, basically, that how it feels like to go there in your normal home clothes and see Rv students walking around doing their own stuff. The best part is that, no one realises you are there, everyone treats you as transparent and it thus makes for interesting situations haha. Of course, I am not quite as transparent when the sec 4s are involved. Too bad, but at least I get to say hi to them, without those people giving me those sort of "Do I know you at all in anyway?" look...

So, I was visiting JEC last friday as usual, and for the first time ever since I started going there on friday nights, JEC isn't filled with Rv people (SHOCK!!!) I was like, what the ______, how come there aren't Rv people in JEC today?! Then I started thinking how the business for various shops would be dropping very drastically because of the fact that there are no Rv students there to consume their goods.

Of course, that meant that I had a very carefree time at JEC without worrying about where to look.

But then that brings up the question, what caused this massive change? Is it?
a) Rv pupils decided to abandon JEC (?!!?)
b) Rv pupils decided that they should go harbour front instead?
c) Rv pupils are mostly hanging out in the library?
d) Rv pupils did not have CCA?

Lifelines: 50:50, call a friend, ask the audience.
Your final decision, for the 1 million dollar question is ...?

Anyway, this is definitely not a 1 million dollar question (more like a 1 million "one-hundredth" of a cent question) since the answer is very simple. In fact, I'll probably flush the lifelines down the throat of the host if this was the last question on the gameshow. (It will hurt, I decided to make cardboard copies of them so that we can smash it down the person's throat, then the host would need to eat it, or chew it so much that it can be swallowed, which is the same as eating it...)

Anyway, the main reason would be because there isn't cca. Can you see the power of cca? The power of cca to bring people to JEC and to make them hang out there?

I wonder if I would have went to JEC when I still had cca, cause I never went to JEC because of cca on friday...

Sigh~, you only realise things when its all over and done with sometimes... Its a bit weird isn't it... Like you only start to miss your seat in class with your friends (although thay might be very noisy) when you find yourself at home during the holiday and being unable to talk to your friends face to face...

Its just like the way they say it:
"You only realise how precious something is when you lose it..."

Discmon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha. yay! first to comment again. xD lame la.. wad 1 million dollar question. i was there at JEC too on fri afternoon.. really very little people nowadays. my answer would be that they decided to go to harbourfront instead(?) cos there's more stuff there to see considering we've been looking at the same old shops in JEC for like 3 years? haa.. nice post again. =D

-insignificant

Anonymous said...

Chengxi says:

Wow, I was quite surprised by RVians' loyalty to JEC, considering the fact that we've moved twice in two years eastwards and southwards. Guess some things cannot be taken away from your heart, can they? :)

Speaking of JEC, I haven't been to JE for ages! Miss the place...(Bukit Timah Road is so boring and crowded...:p)

joe said...

HAHA how true!

and really, i dont think anyone can take JEC away from us. Its the most convenient place i can find, especially for us. i mean, you dont find any other place where you can just pad the floor a bit then just sit right?