Sunday, January 07, 2007

Returning to the place I belong...

Well, it’s been about one week into the New Year, and I haven’t even posted a single post on my blog yet… That’s like so totally unlike me…
But I’m still myself, so I guessed I’ve been pretty lazy or something like that…

With the start of 2007, it marks the beginning of the third year of this blog. I’m very sure that from this year onwards this blog might be able to post something slightly different other then the usual joke, criticism on RV, joke, criticism on people in RV, joke, criticism on other things and more jokes. Ok, so we might be keeping the joke, but I think things on RV might drop a bit?

Anyway, for the last week or so, I’ve been stuck in what NJ should rename as “administration week”. For the whole of last week, we’ve been kinda stuck in NJ listening to talks, talks and more talks. NJ has used three days to ensure that our head is nicely packed with information, and they’re now squeezing the last bits into places which have a bit of breathing space left. Good news is that next week is finally going to be called “orientation week” and we’re finally going to have some fun…

I went back to RV on Friday after enduring three days of talks-torturing. The moment I entered RV, it felt as though I was back home. Entering RV, I found myself at ease although I am already no longer in there as a student, but as a graduate…

My first stop back was the SC room, because I was quite sure I would be able to find a place to drop my bag there. Judging from the amount of people present in the canteen and in the school, I will most likely not be able to find a space in the canteen to drop it. There, I met some friends who were in sc, and we spent some time relating to each other how things had been for the last few days.

Afterwards, I went wandering over to the scouts and saw their perfectly straight 8m tower (which I’m not applying any sarcasm here) Realised that I missed their company… and then after sticking myself in the canteen, I found almost all the rest of my friends in RV who aren’t in sec 4. Lots of all those good old friends came rushing up to say hi and I’m real glad that I am not really forgotten yet!!

And as they came rushing up, I feel myself relaxing and feeling very happy that I am back. Life was so happy back then with a lot of friends around from almost all the levels. I have to thank a lot of people in my class who kinda helped me to find so many friends from all the levels. That was mostly because they went to other classes to find friends, so I join in their “fun” and found some friends as well…

Being back also emphasised the feeling in me that I missed RV a lot. The environment, the friends, the teachers… I don’t think words will be able to bring the points across as usual, but I really miss them all. When I see friends that I’ve left behind, I get reminded of all those times we had spent together last time. Things like going to 1D in the morning to crap, early morning canteen milo/barley/soya bean milk session with 4D people and anyone who happened to know us and in the canteen at the same time, basketball session after school ended… and a lot of other stuff…

Some lame things did happen when I came back, but I don’t think I need to talk too much about it here right? Yup!! It’s got something to do with crowding around some people, but I don’t think it’s going to be interesting, so we’re keeping it like that here. :p

Anyway, I’m really missing RV now… sigh~
I didn’t really felt this sort of feeling when I did the blogging project back in December, but now… I kinda feel like organising another blogging project back to RV again…
Guess the feeling only really sink in when you realise that you’ve finally lost it…

It’s like what a lot of people say:
“You only really realise how precious something is when you lose it…”
And it’s the second time I’m using this quote…
Life seems to be full of losing things…

Discmon

7 comments:

shadowkat said...

Yep, it's really sad thinking back
it always is. one day we will receive news that an old friend juz passed on or something lyk tt. life is juz too damn short. time is too. lyk a teacher said to us during my camp in JJC, "Think about it. Cherish all the happy moments while you can. These moments will always be with you, but no matter what you do, you can never relive them. The feelings will fade, then the little details, and finally you realise u cannot rmbr how ur frens look lyk..."

Anonymous said...

Indeed. JC is the last place where you will make any genuine friends (the other LAST one being in NS, but is NA to girls). Do cherish whatever friendship that you have forged, no matter how insignificant they are.

Gd luck to you in NJC and have fun!

joe said...

haha i am pretty sure that i will forget some of the things that had been packed into our brains after the "orientation week"..

i miss RV alot too... and to ease that sense of losing something, i try my best to go back to help out and things......aiya dont know what to say...well...hope everyone have fun in the JC!

insignificant said...

hai..
dun remind me about rv.
it's kind of ironic.
we keep saying that we only truly cherish it when it's gone.
but we are still taking advantage of what we have before us.
and when what we have are gone again..
we lament about it again.
it seems as if we can never learn form our mistakes.
or maybe we keep looking back at the past
and we fail to see what is before us now.
and only begin to feel it's significance once it's gone?

haii..
yong hao and chengxi is right.
we must cherish out friends that we have now.
no more regrets.


-insignificant

Anonymous said...

ooer. hehs. mine is not as long or as reminiscent.

disco will forever be a part of youu and zhiping will always be remembered as the big crow crapper and contact list master.

haha orientation shld be fun. +D
it usually is.

and never ever ever ever ever forget us!!
i bet u cldnt even if u tried thou~ ^^

Anonymous said...

hello!:D hw r yoo? twodeeohseven rock:D

Anonymous said...

Heya zp! Do visit http://rvgenesis.net/index.php?showtopic=214 when you are free (: