Sunday, April 01, 2007

CT's are supposed to be better then most teachers... right?

I once told myself sometime last year that I'll stop massive criticisms on my blog because I realised that it send me into thinking that the world is a very dark place and that we are unable to escape any of the tortures of life...
Basically, it turned my life upside down and I had to redefine for myself what exactly is happiness...

But I think I had enough of what had happened over the last few days, and it constitutes a post on my blog. I originally wanted to talk about something really abstract, but as it was way way way too abstract, I guess that abstract topic is out of the question. We will, therefore, return to the criticism part...

Have you ever wondered to yourself this delightfully rhetorical question?
Isn't civics class the greatest and most fun lesson to take place in a JC?
Well, about 99.9999999999% of the time, it should be the greatest and most fun lesson in JC. I mean, what other lessons are there in JC where you do not need to learn anything new and you get to talk and crap around with your civics class?

Well, welcome to my civics class. We had spent our last few civics lessons stoning at each other. That isn't because we are all introverts or we hate each other. (Firstly, I am a 22-point extrovert and is the noisiest in class without any competition from anyone) Its either because our civics teacher suck-ed, or we started on the wrong foot with our civics teacher.. or so I hoped before we got to know each other "better"...

Lets just recall what happened when we first step into civics class:
I was looking forward to get to interact with my new class because I changed combination of subjects. Civics lesson to me signify a more relaxed atmosphere between teachers and students, allowing both parties to joke around a bit and laugh, creating a bond between the both of them.

We were a bit late because lecture ended late. Anyway, because of the slight hold-up, the moment we entered the civic class venue...
"Do you know what is RESPECT??"
note: the above was spoken in the most haughty and the most 理所当然 way I have ever known...

Of course we know, its just that we, as a new class, are waiting for everyone to come in so that we can all greet you at exactly the same time. Sure, you don't want us to be united, no problem... That, unfortunately, set the mood for the rest of the civics lesson, so we basically just stoned at her, and I decided right there and then, that we are on the brink of war...

She conducted the civics lesson as though it is a disciplinary lesson, requiring our full unstoppable attention. It was way too one-sided for a civics lesson. No one talked, everyone just stared at her talking on and on. She did not even care to give us the chance to have self-intro. She herself doesn't even want to know self-intro in the first place... She alternated between calling our names, and giving us disapproving look when we talk about our past during the whole length of the civics lesson...

Of course as can be expected from most teachers which are like that, they have zero sense of humour. Remind me again, someone has zero sense of humour? For example:
You are late for morning assembly:
Teachers with a bit of sense of humour would say:"Don't be late again, ok?"
"ok"

However, there is this weird breed who has ZERO sense of humour:"I have told you all before, I "expect" (she emphasies the EXPECT) you all to be here before the first bell rings.. (normally, its second bell, but she wants first, so what can I say... Personally, she doesn't even appear until the second bell)"
note: The above was spoken with very very slight variation in tone and a "I hate you and everyone else in this godforsaken world" face. Oh ya, that expression on her face came out in her voice too...
"...(wt...)"

Lets continue shall we?
Physics teacher, Mr Tan decided that he wanted 2 reps for his subject. Personally, I don't see any fault with what he wants. I mean, having 2 representative means that the other can help in case the other isn't here, or the workload gets way too extreme...
You would think there is nothing wrong with it too right? But wait, our civics tutor has a lot to say about it...
"Why are there 2 physic reps in the class, there is supposed to be 1 only"
"But Mr Tan picked for 2 physics rep..."
"How are we supposed to write the testimonial...? (which I think is a horrible reason not to have 2 physics rep)"

A week later:
"Who are the physics rep in class"
"Sashti and Bernice"
"Why are there two physics rep in class, you are only supposed to have one"
"Mr Tan wanted two..."
"No, there will only be one physics rep in class..."

(I got a bit pissed...I hate teachers who tries to exert their influence over other teachers, who teaches much better then her anyway currently)

"Hey, Mrs ___ (censored: the word is too horrible to be seen), look, its Mr Tan who wanted the 2 physics rep, not us. If you are really against this, please find Mr Tan and stop taking it out on us..."
She returned me the "I do not need you to tell me" and "I hate you and the rest of this world" look.
Basically, if I were a bit more vulgar, the "F*** YOU" look...

And she also meddles with our economics class teacher. The economics teacher I think is quite good too, although she just graduated. She managed to clear a lot of my doubts and clarified a lot of things I did not understand.
The ct wanted to exercise control over how she organises our classes schedule...

And she still has to do it with that "F*** YOU" look...

Personally, I had about enough, and I think its the first time I have some much to talk about the misdeeds of a teacher. (other then the legendary L^2M, but, at least that teacher rocks ok) Besides, even discipline teacher (such as Mrs Look and Ms Phua) don't command that sort of hatred from me at all.

I was wondering if there were any people out there who hates their life, hates their job and hates their surrounding, shows it outside with the "I hate you" look, talks with a certain sense of "I am SUPERIOR!!!" ...
...and still can survive...

I just found one...

Discmon

P.S. Oh ya, she maintains her "I hate you" look everywhere she goes, even to the teachers...

No comments: