Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The near operation...

I think most of you should have heard it enough for it to be boring...

Ya, I got hospitalised, because the doctor suspected i got appendicitis...
Lets see, I got a stomachache from last saturday. It started out really minor, but it seems weird when the stomachache doesn't heal after two days. So on monday, i decided to go to the doctor. The doctor gave a examination of my stomach area and when he pressed on the area near the appendix, i sorta jumped as a massive amount of pain was present there...

The doctor was suspicious and i got referred to hospital. We took SGH over NUH due to past experiences at NUH (which included a hair-line fracture on the arm)I remembered i waited there for about three hours before i was able to have a cast put over my arm...

So anyway, we arrived at SGH at around 10pm. Than i set down and waited and waited and waited... At around 10-11pm I finally got past the initial test of blood pressure and height and weight...
And then, I set down again...and waited for consultation. Consultation was around 11:30pm... and i had a rather amusing time getting my blood samples. For one thing, the doctor had forgot how to lets the blood vessels visible from the surface of the skin, and it is only through a great ordeal that i had my blood extracted. We can't really blame the doctor though, he was really nervous...

Anyway, they then asked me to get a urine test and an X-Ray before they told me i need to get admitted. The time when they tell me i need to get admitted is around 12am getting real close to 1am... After registering to get admitted, I set down again and waited and waited and waited until around 2am and finally got admitted...

And unfortunately, it doesn't end there...

After i had settled down in my bed, i was asked various questions like your religion and so on and so forth. They once again asked the:"do you smoke?" question, which frankly boggles my mind. Just like xp, he doesn't smoke, but still....
And than, after that, at around 2-3am, the doctor came and gave me the drip. I was shocked, cause i remembered very clearly that the doctors in A&E had said that i was admitted to be under observation, not undergo operation... and putting me on drip was operation procedure one...
Anyway, turns out that they do not want to waste a day or so waiting for my stomach to empty to start the operation... Than, i remembered i was woke up one more time at 5am by the doctor, who decides to do a check on me...

Than, the next morning, after a check. The doctor says that i am for home today. Woot, no operation, no second day in hospital, no DRIP!! My family and i prayed for my health so i have to thank god for letting me recover so quickly. God i really there when you need him.

And apprently, the worse injury i suffered in the hospital was the wound on the back of my hand which is caused by the drip...

Once again, i had been referred to the hospital, and once again, we got a really really long wait... Although technically this time, i don't have to slam the doctor for taking a break while i am waiting outside the door...

Discmon

No comments: