Sunday, February 26, 2006

Money issues...

My class have lots of problem, especially on problems dealing with relationship between people. This time, you could say its the conflict between the low 'income' group and the high 'income' group...
You can view the issue here...

Anyway, thought i should make a point here on my own blog. It saves me a lot of trouble, and i feel better when i type on my own blog...

Chinese New Year just ended. That is a sign that everyone has a lot of money in their pockets due to red packets. Does that mean that you all go and talk about collecting huge sums of money to pay for a class T-shirt? I think that is very ignorant about others. For one thing, not everyone gets to keep their hong bao money right next to them all the time. Some people's parents prefer to see it getting deposited inside a bank account, others prefer to invest with the money that the children had earned. Whatever the preference, the point is that, not everyone has access to their hong bao money. Please don't go and use it as an excuse to collect money.

Next, not everyone is as rich as you think. Some people receives $20 a week, others receive as high as $70 a week. Please stop assuming that everyone has a high disposable income, because not everyone has it. I mean, $20 a week to me is about just enough to allow me to last a week. I see no need for me to ask for an increase in the amount of my weekly allowance. In fact, i feel guilty when i ask for more...
And than, you have to collect class fund, class T-shirt (and scream your head off when you think that people don't hand up money cause they don't like the class), class outing...

I'm fine with that. I mean, I whine, but in the end, i still pay up. Its not like i refused to pay up totally...
But recently, my class blog has once again started on a money issue. Its about the class outing that we are planning on saturday (4/3/2006).

If you had clicked on the link, that should explain it all, but what i am infuriated with, and what has caused me to type one whole post on it, is this comment:
Whereever you go you need money, even you come to school everyday. Don't tell me that you are poor so you don't come to school everyday. I just dose not make sense to say that you are poor and so poor that you cannot tarvel. If you really have no money, i will sponser you. Is that good enough?? Do you have any other reason(s)???

I feel that this comment has brought it too far. I would like to ask the person who posted this comment this question:

We can give the disabled, the poor everything they need, everything they want, but as we are doing this, are we letting them keep their pride?

Its a very fundamental question, and i think what your above comment had done was to take away that pride. We are people with a pride to keep, not a pride to allow others to use it to wipe the floor with...
And if you are serious enough and think about this question, think about what you were trying to say when you wrote that comment as well...

We may have freedom of speech, but i don't think that we should put others down as we are doing it...

Discmon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my much money do you make site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.