Sunday, February 26, 2006

Surviving on a diet of hope...

Luckily, the streak of things happening has ended, and the class is returning back to its peaceful self. (Other than several outbursts over this few days, but it isn't serious enough to render a post on it.) So things are pretty fine now.

Of course, just to highlight that life isn't just up and up. My heater, which i had talked about a few post back, has unfortunately, started to leak water again. This time, we got it fixed and life is back to normal.

Anyway, I wanted to post this yesterday, but due to the overwhelming amount of homework and because i was mentally exhausted, I put the thing off to today. Yesterday, we had the leadership seminar in which the sc and cca leader of our school needed to attend. Its an annual affair and basically, it sets us off on the direction that we would be heading this year.

I'll be reserving a post to talk about the seminar. So don't worry, the criticism will be coming. Anyway, my focus will be on disco spirit.

If any disco people read my blog (which lets see, almost amounts to zero due to the lack of publicity), well, this is a time to go and think about disco spirit. The exco had been continuosly emphasising about disco spirit, about the need to have them, about "we cannot survive on a diet of hope" that it would come back eventually, that we should be actively trying to make the disco spirit. Yesterday was a fine example of how a few of us tried to get the disco spirit but was stopped in the end.

I had proposed going to queenstown hawker center to eat. Sure, that place is dark, its cramp, its dirty, it doesn't have proper air-conditioning. I can understand that. Some people also needed to go somewhere else, I can also understand that.

I just hopes that no one think that my sole reason for proposing that all of us go there is that I can save money. I do not think that I am such a stingy person to the point that I would actually send everyone to a cramp place to eat. My point in bringing everyone there is that we can buy a half chicken for chicken rice and everyone can share the price. I mean, this is one way to boost disco spirit, everyone eating together, other than each and everyone of us buying a different food.

Besides, eating at Queenstown also add another benefit, and that is it is easier to find seats to sit together. Look at what happened when we reached Jurong, we were trying to find seats to sit together. In the end, we became separated. To me, that does not serve to boost disco spirit in any way. Sure, we went there since a lot of people are going to go from there to somewhere else, but I hope that you all at least understand why I want to go to Queenstown hawker center to eat things.

Its just like what Anna said, "We cannot survive on a diet of hope". I hope that should get you all thinking and hope you won't get the misconception than I was trying to save money...
I mean, its real sad when this sort of things happen...

Discmon

3 comments:

stubbornpenguin said...

whee hahax im reading your bloog lehh hw can you say dun haf??

hahax non dictator:))))))))))))))))

stubbornpenguin said...

oh ya linkk me anw and if you STILL duno who im, im yantong here(:

DUH(:

joe said...

i have to say sorry here....i definitely did not get your point on that day of going to queenstown to eat.....i....just abit not use to eatin in that kind of hawker....but definitely i understand your good will...but just to let you know... why we dont really want to go there.... is just that its not very convenient... for 1 thing, i am carrying an instrument.... so dont out it to heart that this incident shows a drop in disco spirit... not at all ok??

if i have expression error here, sorry lah....everything i type is meant to be good so... if something does not look right, just know that i meant something good...haha..

YP here