Friday, March 31, 2006

Ironical things...

I will be lumping a few topics together in this post. I am doing this cause I realise that most people do not dig past the first page of my blog due to the way I structured it. One post a page, usually means that no one will bother to read the next post....

I think I'll start with this advertisment that I saw at the bus stop. There is this advertisment at the bus stop that is advertising for the speak Chinese campaign. Well, nothing wrong with that I suppose. They got three well-known 'stars' (Note the inverted commas) to pose around and take a photograph. The photograph was later edited to have the words "讲华语 is cool"...

Sure, nothing wrong with that either, but the bottom part of the advertisment got to take the cake. The bottom part of the advertisment talks about the background of the stars they have chosen. As it is an advertisment to promote the usage of Chinese, I expected the background information to be provided in chinese. I was wrong...

For no apparent reasons, they had decided to go and type out their background in English. Wow, like that is really going to help in the promotion of speaking in Chinese. Ya, there are people out there who refuse to speak Chinese because they feel that Chinese is a lost cause (which, I believe is largely thanks to the effort of the governement around the 1970s). So anyway, the advertisment is aiming at Chinese, who have lost their roots and decided to stop speaking Chinese. I think this is a correct assumption...

I think its a very sad situation. For one thing, the way schools taught Chinese a few years ago won the good game award as they did not provide a solid foundation, making the route to learn Chinese really hard. Add to the fact that there are programmes like Chinese B, and you'll make people who aren't interested in excelling in Chinese to totally heck care it...

And I still can't get over the fact that that advertisment is about 99% filled with English words... Wow, promoting Chinese... Hang on a second, I think I am thinking in English when I read that advertisment...

Next story...
On Thursday, the SCs were called in to do ushering at Victoria Concert Theater. After the whole thing, well, we went home, obviously...

I guess its just one of those sessions where I am the most energetic and the rest are going to die. Its kinda sad. You try to get everyone to join a conversation where you are the person leading it, but in the end, no one really cares about you, simply because they are too tired. It's this point that I do not understand, why is everyone so tired when I am so energetic?

I don't want to hear the usual:" Cause you are super active what..." reason again. I mean, its getting stupid isn't it, I have more energy then you, I can sustain longer than you, I am more enthusiastic and more hyper-active compared to you all........

I think its dumb, cause I believe you all can join the conversation with small comments. I mean, don't you think its funny if five people stand together on the MRT, wearing around the same thing, looking at the ground and not talking to each other...

Its dumb, isn't it. We are usually called in to lead the sec 1s when they come in, and to do that, we need lots of energy, to play with them, jump with them, lead them on... and yet, our energy level depletes so fast when we do ushering? Perhaps what my mother said was correct, when you like to do something, you'll enjoy it more than when you feel that doing it is a chore...

Our duty is to serve the school, maybe we should not see it so much as a duty but rather as a special thing that is given to us. Don't you think we should try to make it feel like a happy thing to do rather than a chore. I believe in that way, we would feel more energetic about the jobs we are given and do it to the best that we can do.

End of story 2

Today, I was queueing in the canteen when a fellow SC asked me whether or not I could buy for him/her...
I was seriously pissed off, and my friend who was queueing with me is pissed off as well. I mean, SC already have a big enough problem trying to maintain discipline in the school (thanks to various individuals) and I don't want it to become harder when people in the committee whom are supposed to be disciplined break rules as well....

Its not that I am being an idiot, its just that, please be more responsible with what you do... Its really sad when this sort of things happen and immediately after the things happen, you'll have to defend them when those friends around me start throwing criticisms...

Please think before you act...
I don't want this office to end in a bad shape, and I certainly don't want to start disciplinary action when office is about to end...

Discmon

3 comments:

joe said...

ok....a few things i want to say...

first... i suppose you dont have to be too crtical about certain things ...i mean, if they are really tired, dont blame them that they are not talking in MRT, i thought its rather fine to keep quiet together...at least that is what always happen when i stand with someone...haha

second thing.... i thought the school rule say can help one other person to buy? so i suppose that fellow sc is not exactly wrong... of course i know that the school rule about that is abit....grey....but anyway, no need to be so heat up lah...

YP

Anonymous said...

take things ez...tc

flamefrost said...

strange...i tot you are and iiot...insert the 'd' some where...why not i wonder...i often stand next to my freind standing and staring at the ground waht...