Monday, March 13, 2006

The things that happen during job week...

The march holidays just started...
Celebrate? Jump up and down? Bounce around? All in the mood to rejoice in the holiday for one week?
No
At least, I don't think so...

I can see directly in front of me, a bunch of notes, paper, books and countless ink pots...
Holiday homework...
Great...
Should be pretty easy though...
Anyway, I am not here to lament on my homework situation (which is pretty bad anyway you see it), but rather to talk about my final job week and the visit to my old school campus during this last few days...

This year should mark the last year that I am doing job week. I think that this job week has been specially arranged by some higher being as a lesson in life and in our principles. I had been doing job week conscientiously for the last three years. For the last three years, job week had been about humour, fun and jokes to share among your brothers. A typical joke would be:
I went to this house and asked for a job
Scouts:"请问你有没有工作给我做?"
Person:"我不会讲华语..."
Scouts than proceeded to ask:"Do you have a job for me to do?"
The unfortunate reply was:"我不会讲华语..."

The person reply was a bit off. Anyway, you could imagine what the last three years of scouting is like already for me during job week. This year is really different, and I'm still wondering whether or not someone had prepared it specially for me.

The day started with me looking for jobs as usual. As I knocked on the door and asked for a job, the old man who lived there said :"Ah, Job week. I do not believe that it will teach you how hard it is to earn money" and he goes on and on on why job week does not teach the scouts the hardship of life. He told me that we all (meaning the people born in the 90's) was born with a silver spoon in our mouth and does not understand how hard it is to earn money. He goes on to tell me that he was once a scout...

I mean, you can imagine it don't you... Your last job week, with people telling you about why they think job week is not a good way for you to learn about the hardships in life... Its very philosophical...

Anyway, end of story number 1

Afterwards, we went to another location and continued to do our job week. The three of us was looking for jobs when this household, whom does not have a job for us, invited us in to take a drink and relax. Apparently, it was because they said they had a job for us...

Anyway, what happened soon after was beyond my imagination...
They were going to preach to us. They were going to tell us about god, Jesus Christ...

I had no problem with that, but isn't it weird. As you are doing your job week, you get invited into a house to be preached about christianity...

Anyway, I feel that this thing is arranged, somehow. That God had wanted me to meet with this sort of people to lead me back to Him... For my friends, they weren't really interested...
And I am scared of them. When we told them that we had a quota to hit for job week, he asked us for our quota and than said:"I invite you all to come here tommorow, and then you give me one day for me to introduce Jesus to you. After that, I will give you $200 to let you hit your quota"...

That caused my jaw to drop, and after I went home and told this incredible tale to my mom, she said that this people who were preaching have brought it too far, and preaching should not be done like this...

Anyway, its way too much of a coincidence for me to have my last job week be filled with philosophers. One for job week itself and the other for Christianity... Go figure...

After I called it a day, I realised that my location was very close to the place where my secondary school used to be. I decided to pay it a visit and see how it is now.

From what i could see, the basketball court that used to be there beside the auditorium is being replaced by a football field. The canteen and hall is being rebuilt, the carpark has become occupied with building but the gate is still there. As I continued walking down that stretch of road which I used to walk everyday from school to the nearest busstop, I walked past Gate 2. Gate 2 reminded me of many things, about the time when I had countless gate duties with Clara, and how I from there really got to know her... About the good old days when we had newspaper collection and had to deposit our things there...

But the saddest story would go to the scouts and guides who were there last time. The shed that used to house our wood, is now replaced with a power house...
And than, there was Pandan Reservoir...

There are some comments around that says that our school result will drop because of Feng Shui. Last time there was water and good surrounding, but now, we are getting hacked by the shadows caused by the mrt line and the MRT itself...

I miss Pandan reservoir, and the sea breeze that are generated by it. Other than providing a cooling sensation when you wait at the busstop, it provides a scenic view when running our 2.4km...

If only we would be going back there...
But than again, as a lot of people says :"Life must go on, and on and on and on...."

I guess I should say that to myself as well...
Life must go on...

Discmon




4 comments:

Jia Min said...

LOLS zhiping(:

JOb week sounded ultra fun(: and hope you got your new specs le(: haha. dont worry about old campus k. i think everyone misses it too): but hey maybe SAJC will be better? Think positive!(:

haha lols. jiayou with march hw wor! I'm halfway done!(:
-jm

Anonymous said...

well first time i know you have a blog haha LOL .
jobweek like super fun !
but well this is your last time liao ..
HAHA XD

Anonymous said...

well first time i know you have a blog haha LOL .
jobweek like super fun !
but well this is your last time liao ..
HAHA XD

Anonymous said...

^^ opps send twice and this is thrice ahah