Thursday, November 30, 2006

I love missing the last bus...

Graduation night for the sec4s of RVHS is officially over…
And I am on blogger, which can only mean one thing…
That I am going to blog about it... right?
WRONG!!
I mean, sure ya, graduation night had a lot of lame jokes, especially around our tables where the lame jokes were just coming out of everyone’s mouth about once every minutes… and ya, there were lots of funny things happening, and did I mention I went to talk with the SCs a teeny weeny bit too often?

But technically, who cares?


Ok fine, there are people who
will care, but that’s not the point here. Life would be pretty boring if everyone who went to read blogs owned by RV pupils found the same thing over and over and over and over again…instead of doing the normal “blog about the event”, we here will be blogging about the going home part.

After sitting on the MRT train by myself and reaching Bukit Batok Station (apparently, I’m a Loner) I found that the last bus for 173 had left the interchange…


What this means is that I had just missed the last bus home. I’m not so sure about the last bus timing for 176 and I’m in no mood to try. Determined not to call home and plea for help, I decided that it’s finally time to experience what I had always wanted to experience:


Walking home from the bus interchange due to the fact that I had missed the last bus…
Surely it can’t be too bad right?


Well, today, I realised what it means by the advertisement when it says: “I love to miss the last bus”.
Basically, I plugged the mp3 player into my ears and listened to all my songs as I walked home. Of course, I reduced the volume so I can hear what is going on in the surrounding for safety measures and also to listen out for my mobile phone, just in case it rings…
The walk home was rather uneventful… I mean, it’s about 12:15am when I started the walk home, what do you expect can happen? Robbery, molestation…??!? Eh…

Anyway, most of the walk was uneventful, and mind you, it was a really long walk. I had to walk from the station all the way to hillview ave, and then start the long walk past Yu Ping, Nicholas, Ming Le, Yong Xiang, Xiao Bo, Shi Yi, Lian Quan, Shan Mao, Jie Li before I finally reached my house. This group of houses only contains those that are staying in the Hillview Ave area, and does not include the people who are living in the bukit batok region...


As I reached the final stretch before I reached home, I intentionally set the song on my mp3 player to “Tamashii Kanasete”, which is the final ending song of the “Shaman King” anime. The song kind of fit the mood as I started on the final stretch, not because the song is about reaching-home-from-a-long-walk and those sorts of things (in fact, the lyrics don’t even talk about that). Rather, it was because the song is talking about friends and your feelings towards them. You can read the lyrics
here.

As I started walking on the final stretch, I feel this sense that our sec 4 life is unofficially coming to an end. After this, I doubt there would be any more big events where all the sec 4s will come together again (release of O level results doesn’t count and neither does speech day). So with all this in mind, the song fits the mood even more, as we all say good bye to the friends who we knew and grew up with over the last 4 years…

Have to thank those people who sms-ed me as I walked home. Kept me company and at least kinda, reduced my boredom as I walked home listening to songs on my mp3…

Anyway, after finishing the final stretch, there was this great sense of achievement as I walked past the gate. Its hard to explain it, in fact, words can never ever express that sort of feeling, but it was a really great feeling…

And right at the same time, the song came to an end as well…


Discmon

6 comments:

joe said...

well...congrats...and i mean it. its really really long walk. haha..i suppose i am luckier, cause i manage to get a 176 home. i suppose if you had tried waiting for 176, maybe you might get one. but well...you are good...haha

YP

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm sort of like you, a person who prefers to walk around alone and indulging in whatever thoughts that I have during the journey.

I always believed that all your ture emotions will surface once you are alone at night (don't get molested :p). Doing reflection is one of the most important things in one's life and I'm glad you've realised this.

Anonymous said...

arghh..
lol.
in the end you DID miss the last bus. =\
but then it looks like you enjoyed yourself. =)
nd good thing you really never get molested or robbed or whatever..
faster thank me!
=P

-insignificant

Anonymous said...

Walking at night...ooohh... how i wish i can dothat someday. That's when you begin to reflect on some stuff =) haha.
Who would ever want to molest you... ??!! bleah.

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA!

*sniffs* blogs u should read?
awwwwws thankyouthankyou.

updateupdate!

Anonymous said...

lols,
your entry title "i love missing the last bus" sounds like that sony ericsson handphone ad on tv. xD

yea,
update!!

-insignificant